- Availability of research opportunities for international students.
- Availability of career opportunities for international students.
- Growing economy: one of the fastest-growing economies in Europe.
- The English language is the primary spoken language
- Rich history and culture to explore.
- Ireland is close to major European cities.
- Irish government offers stay-back visas
Ireland’s education system is among the best you’ll find. Universities in Ireland rank in the top 3% worldwide and graduates from Irish universities are attractive to employers the world over.
Irish universities are in the top 1% of research institutions in the world. This has attracted some of the world’s biggest and best companies to set up their strategic research facilities in Ireland and international students can join these research programmes for knowledge and career opportunities, especially in the fields of Software Development and IT, Engineering, Financial Services, Food and Agriculture, Medtech and Pharma.
Furthermore, the Irish government offers stay-back visas for example a one-year stay-back visa for bachelor’s graduates and up to two years for Master’s graduates. As a result, many international students stay in Ireland after finishing their studies and start their careers there.
Ireland is one of the fastest-growing economies in the Eurozone and 6th most competitive in the world.
Furthermore, Ireland is strategically located close to major European cities. This means that you are a short flight away from exploring the rest of Europe.
- Capital: Dublin
- Currency: EURO
- Language: English
- Time Zone: GMT+1
- Dialing Code: +353
- Population: 4.818 million (based on the latest United Nations estimates)